This is a list of pop culture references made in each and every episode of Bobby's World.
The Visit to Aunt Ruth's
- Godzilla: Bobby has a nightmare of Aunt Ruth destroying Tokyo. Howard even points out Bobby's interpretation of such in the morning.
- In a daydream of Bobby literally picking his nose at a fashion store, he tries on the "Snotnose", a gun from the Dick Tracy series, and a Pinocchio model, one that grows when he lies.
- Iron Butterfly - In a prehistoric setting, one caveman tries to sing, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
- The Wizard of Oz - Aunt Ruth has Bobby chained to a chair. She then transforms into the wicked witch of the west and threatens him saying "Now I'll get you and your big fuzzy dog too!"
- Die Hard - Bobby dreams of being John McCane after a policeman asks his family, "Can you tax paying citizens help us?"
- Mission Impossible - Bobby sets off to steal cookies before dinner in the style of this show.
Uncle Ted's Excellent Adventure
- Title Reference: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
- In Bobby's "Uncle Dad" daydream, Garfield is seen on a poster that says, "Kill the Cat."
- The Wizard of Oz - As Bobby enters the house to get more blankets, he meets the wizard who also rewards the scarecrow and the man made of tin.
- The Little Mermaid - "Fish Don't Stink" is a parody of the musical number, "Under the Sea", from the then-recent Disney movie.
Adventures in Bobby Sitting
- Title Reference: Adventures In Babysitting
- Cool Hand Luke - Bobby's first day dream involves opening the door to a prison guard who promises they'll have no failure to communicate.
- Looney Tunes - Derek whispers to Bobby, "If she calls mom and dad, this means war", a line that Bugs Bunny took from Groucho Marx in the 1933 film, Duck Soup.
- Mason is a spoof on Jason Vorhees of the Friday the 13th film series.
- When a Stranger Calls - Bobby picks up the phone to hear heavy breathing.
- The chase sequence is reminiscent to that from the Halloween movies.
The Best One of the Mall
- Star Wars - Bobby wields a lightsaber in his daydream as a knight rescuing Princess Sheila.
My Dad Can Fix Anything
- Bobby has a daydream at the bank that spoofs the bridge scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Howard tells Bobby that the World Of Improvement is the Disneyland of hardware stores.
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Howard says "Honey, I drank the kids."
Me and Roger
- Title reference: Roger and Me
- Unsolved Disappearances, a host show at the start of the episode could be a spoof on Unsolves Mysteries.
- Bobby as Sherlock Holmes and Uncle Ted as Watson
- One of Bobby's daydreams parodies the Bugs Bunny cartoons with Bobby as a racoon and Roger as Elmer Fudd.
- A dog that Bobby disturbs at the vet bears a striking resemblance to Scooby-Doo.
The Big Sweep
- Howard finds a Beatles record in the attic, which Bobby imagines as the literal giant insects.
- References to 5 Beatles songs are made as well: Help!, She Loves You, She Came in through the Bathroom Window, Eleanor Rigby and A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby imagines himself Bobby Generic: Private Eye, a parody of Richard Diamond: Private Detective.
The Night of the Living Pumpkin
- Patricia incorrectly guesses Uncle Ted's Elvis costume as Superman.
- Bobby's TV show is a more or less a parody of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
Beach Blanket Bobby
- Jaws - The film's main score is heard as a shark trails after Derek water skiing.
- Generic's Island is a parody of Gilligan's Island. Bobby even asks Uncle Ted "Are we gonna be stuck here like the Cullican Island guy?" before said daydream takes place.
The Revenge of Dr. Noo
- Bobby's daydream in black-and-White of taking Uncle Ted to the hospital is a parody of the comedy duet Laurel and Hardy.
- Bobby and Captain Squash serve as Coldstoppers, a parody of Ghostbusters.
In Search of the Ring Bear
- Bobby's daydream of riding outside on the wing of an airplane in reminiscent of the Twilight Zone episode, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.
See America Last
- Psycho - The famous violin shriek is heard when Bobby imagines drowning spuds and eyeballs.
- Uncle Ted asks Roger if he is "Lassie."
Bobby's Big Broadcast
- Title Reference: Mickey's Big Broadcast
- A Bobby Fantasee with Bobby as the Roadrunner and Derek (in wolf form) as Wile E. Coyote, Bobby closes the cartoon as Porky Pig
- Bobby Do-Good parodies Dudley Do-Right from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
- Uncle Teddy Bear and Bob-O are a parody of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo, the dog that bites Uncle Teddy laughs like Muttley from Wacky Races
- You're a Real Dork, Bobby G parodies You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
- Bobeye is a parody of Popeye